The Lewes BPW 2023 Solicitation of Candidates
The Lewes BPW will hold its Annual Municipal Election on Saturday May 13, 2023, at the Lewes BPW Business Office, 107 Franklin Ave, Lewes Delaware.
Vacancies exist for Two (2) Board seats for three-year terms each.
Persons interested in becoming a candidate for the election must file a letter of intention to the General Manager indicating their desire to become a candidate for the office of a Director of the Board. Five (5) or more persons qualified to vote in the Annual Election may file the name of the candidate for the office of the Director of the Board provided that the candidate endorses his or her written consent. Candidate filling form.
Wednesday, February 1, 2023 & no later than 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, April 6, 2023.
– A qualified voter who is a resident for at least three hundred sixty-five (365) days next preceding the date of the
Annual Election for Directors of the Board.
– At least twenty-one (21) years of age on the date of the annual election for Directors of the Board.
– No member of the City Council or Mayor may serve concurrently on the Board and as Mayor or City Councilperson.
– Disqualification. If any Director during his or her term of office shall be found guilty of any crime or misdemeanor and sentenced to imprisonment for any term whatever or shall for any reason cease to be a resident, freeholder or leaseholder of the City, he or she shall forthwith be disqualified to act as Director, and his or her office shall be deemed vacant and shall be filled as aforesaid.
ELIGIBILITY TO VOTE:
At the annual election for Directors of the Board, qualifications for voters shall be as follows;
– Resident: Every person, male or female, who is a bona fide citizen of the United States and of the State of Delaware and a bona fide resident of the City or on the public lands under the jurisdiction of the City for at least (30) days next preceding the date of the Annual Election; or
– Nonresident freeholder or leaseholder: Every person, male or female, who is a bona fide citizen of the United States and who is a freeholder or leaseholder for at least thirty (30) days immediately preceding the date of the Annual Election; and
– Other: Every person, male or female, who is a bona fide citizen of the United States and who is a customer of any available utility of the Board of Public Works for at least thirty (30) days immediately preceding the date of the Annual Election; and
– At least eighteen (18) years of age on the date of the annual election.
The last day for VOTER REGISTRATION will be Friday April 28, 2023, until 4:30 p.m.
Absentee ballots will be available to registered voters no earlier than 9:00 a.m. on Tuesday April 11, 2023, and no later than 12:00 noon May 12, 2023, and must be completed & returned no later than 6:00 p.m. on Saturday May 13, 2023.
THE LEWES BPW AND THE CITY HAVE SEPERATE REGISTRATION!!!!!